Monday, October 26, 2009

Simplicity of Love

This weekend at home I went to Mass with my mom at our home parish. The Pastor, Fr. Brian gave a homily that brought me to tears. It was a God-moment; God poured down a flood of graces in just a few minutes time. He told us that just that morning he had received two different calls from parents needing help for their teenagers. One of them was struggling with suicidal thoughts. The other had turned to cutting. It was heartbreaking. How Fr. Brian responded to this was profound for me. He said, "it's my job to go over to talk to them and tell them God loves them, that is all I can do, but it is important they hear it." It is that simple: people need to hear that God loves them. In a culture where young people are surrounded by death and darkness, God's love is the beacon of light we are all desperately searching for.

I had a new revelation about my job. I am a missionary and I get to tell people all the time about God. So it's very easy at times to forget what a gift this work is. I was renewed with a conviction that while I may not be the best at what I do all the time, I can never be bad at sharing love. Everyone needs to hear that God loves them each and every moment.
Have you been told lately that God loves you? He does. Don't ever forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment