Friday, November 20, 2009

The Apostolate of Beauty

"You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. You shall be called my delight is in her for the Lord delights in you." Isaiah 62: 3-5

This week during my bible studies, I took a survey and asked 2 questions: 1. what makes women beautiful? 2. What makes you beautiful?

All the women had no problem answering the first question, but coming to the second one, I had a girl ask me if she could just leave it blank. My heart broke in pieces. A beautiful woman, made in the image and likeness of God, couldn't think of one reason why she's beautiful. I've heard it said that, where your wounds are, there also your mission lies. My passion is to show how much God loves us and how breathtakingly beautiful we all are because we are all sons and daughters of the King of Kings!

"There is such a thing as The Apostolate of Beauty Do not be ashamed to think of that!You are young, attractive, vivacious;Do you realize that when Beauty is virtuous, it is more appealing than anything else there is.You may recognize that the Lord has given me the power of words, but he has given to you this other power.And it is more powerful, really, because, as the ancient Greeks knew, everyone loves beauty.So practice it."~Fulton J Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment