Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goals

It is almost the end of January. 4 weeks into the new year. I have never been one to set or follow through on any new year resolutions, but this year is different. I have things I want to accomplish, I want to follow through and achieve something.
I am going to run a half marathon. So far, the training is going slowly, and there are days when all I want to do is throw in the towel. I think I'm crazy most days-who in their right mind agrees to run 13.1 miles? Me, apparently. I'll keep updating on how this is going. I just bought new running shoes and I got all excited again. Hopefully that excitement will stay with me once I hop back on the treadmill tomorrow :)
I am praying a 54 day rosary novena and put myself on a dating fast for the entirety of it. My heart has been in 5 different directions lately and I want to re-center myself on the most important relationship I can have: me and the Lord. I'm on a dating fast because I'm praying for my future spouse and I don't want to be distracted by all the men, dreams or wild imaginations that come into my life and make me want to settle for mediocrity. I was made for greatness, even in my relationships. Sweet heart of Mary, pray for me!
Lastly, and possibly the most important goal I want to achieve: gain my self confidence back. I want to believe that I am worthy and good. I used to believe in myself and love all of my traits, talents and strengths. Now, I become flustered because I don't like sushi and my friends do, or I happen to like a different football team...ridiculous and crazy thoughts run through my head daily, and I never used to be so insecure. A lot of who I am got covered up and hazy these past few months. I am determined to not only prove to my coworkers, family and friends that who I am is lovable and wonderful, but I need to prove it to myself.

So here I go, stepping out in the direction of confidence, prayer and 13.1 miles...ready, set...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment