Thursday, January 21, 2010

Soy-My New Best Friend

I am by nature a picky eater. I know what I like and I'm not the first one to suggest trying something new. I have been like this my entire life. Now, because of doctor's orders, I am to eat a strict, Lactose free diet. This is supposed to help me feel better, but all I can think about is how I'm not ever going to be able to eat ice cream again. Ok, yes, maybe that's a little dramatic, but when I came home last night, all I wanted was a big glass of milk-and I couldn't! So what's a picky girl like me to do? My wonderful mother brought home some lactose free milk. I tried it, and promptly told her I wouldn't be drinking any more of it. It tasted funny and I can't handle "tasting funny." So, good thing there was still one more option to try: Soy milk. Many of my friends drink it and told me I would like it. I was still hesitant, but this morning I bought 2 little bottles of chocolate and vanilla soy milk. To much of my surprise, I do actually like the soy milk! YAY! I think I have found a solution to my picky-problem and will be venturing further into the goodness of soy milk products. Now all that I need to do: find out if ice cream comes made with soy......

No comments:

Post a Comment