Monday, May 10, 2010

The loveliest woman

Mom. That word seems so small for the greatness that defines it.
My mom is patient, funny, strong and to top it off she has a huge heart to love people with.
If we had been the same age at the same time, I think we would have been friends. Instead, I am privileged to be her daughter.
For 9 months she carried me right under her heart- and there was a bond created that is so special, so unique to just me and her it can never be broken or reproduced.
I secretely love when people ask if we are sisters. It means I'll continue to grow up and look just like her.
Thank you for giving me your beautiful brown eyes. You are the prettiest woman I know.

I've grown up watching and learning from her. Some points in her life have not been easy, and I have seen the pain and hurt she carries with her. She does not dwell in the past, and she moves fearlessly into the future-knowing that God is with her every step of the way.

Every time she's sacrificed one of her desires or wants, it was because she wanted to give us our desires and make us happy. Even if it goes unsaid, those sacrifices are noticed and appreciated. She's taught me so many things and I can't wait to continue to learn from her.
Life is good (if I may put it ever so simply) with my mother in my life.
I am so very, very blessed because she is my mother.

(Caitlin, my mom, me and Erin before Christmas Eve Mass 2009)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Morgan, you do have your mama's eyes! What a beautiful picture and a beautiful post. :-)

    ReplyDelete